Monday, October 26, 2015

"I did my best"



"I would say that I'm very determined when I set out to do something. First, I've got to decide whether something is worth doing. If it's not worth doing, well, I'm not prepared to spend the time over it, to make the effort. Then I just coast along, it doesn't matter whether it succeeds or doesn't succeed, it's of no consequence.

"But if I decide that something is worth doing, then I'll put my heart and soul into it. I'll give everything I've got to make it succeed.

"So I would put my strength, determination and willingness to see my objective to its conclusion.

"Whether I can succeed or not, that's another matter - but I will give everything I've got to make sure it succeeds.

"If I've got to get good people, I get good people. If I've got to change tack, I will change tack. But the objective is the same. The presentation may change... If you have decided something is worth doing, you've got to remove all obstacles to get there."

Lee Kuan Yew: The Man And His Ideas, published in 1998


Source: 

No comments:

Post a Comment